(TacticalNews.com) – Water is one of the most important resources we have. However, depending on the situation, it can also be dangerous. Accidents happen, so it’s foolish to think you’ll never accidentally fall in the water or be the victim of flash flooding. That’s why it’s important to learn how to properly tread water.
Treading water can be physically demanding, so it’s important to follow the tips Coach Mandy highlights in the video above. You’ll need to conserve energy while also staying above the water, as there’s really no telling how long you could be there.
In combination with Coach Mandy’s advice, these steps can help you stay afloat:
- Stay calm and keep your body upright.
- Control your breathing and pace yourself.
- Keep your head back.
- Move your hands as shown in the video.
- Kick your legs; while there are several ways to do so, the method shown in the video is the most energy efficient but also the hardest to master.
- Don’t overexert yourself; rest as needed.
To rest, simply follow Coach Mandy’s advice: Lean back, breathe and lightly paddle your arms and legs. After all, the human body can only do so much. Of course, emergencies can strike at any time, so it’s important to be ready for anything. Check out how you can make an emergency shelter out of snow to get out of the elements in the winter.
Copyright 2021, TacticalNews.com