(TacticalNews.com) – When most people think of terrorism, they probably think back to 9/11. But what about home-grown terrorism — pipe bombs in mailboxes that detonate upon opening or mass school shootings? Sadly, these threats are becoming too common, such as the recent incident discussed on WBIR Channel 10:
Many people may believe occurrences like these could never happen where they live, but the sad reality is they can — and they do. People need to ask themselves what they can do to avoid these dangers and prepare for them.
Preppers have already been getting ready. Even when some people thought they had lost their minds. Home-grown terrorism has the potential to devastate lives and communities. The key is to be prepared for the aftermath, like with any other natural disaster.
- Armed – Keep guns, ammunition, pepper spray and household items doubling as weapons when needed.
- Mobility – Be prepared to hit the road at a moment’s notice. Whether it be by car, truck, ATV, bicycle, foot or some other means, always have a way to a safer location.
- Communication – Cell phones and computers are nice, but will they always work? Know that other family members are safe. Have a back-up plan, a meeting place, walkie-talkies, CB radio and contact through friends or relatives.
- Situational awareness – Be aware of your surroundings. Keep an eye on your neighborhood. Watch for suspicious behavior.
- Assistance – Help others in times of need. Share your knowledge with those less fortunate.
We don’t have all the answers, and we have no way of knowing what the next person’s move may be, but it doesn’t mean we can’t be prepared for the worst. Take the time to view everyday objects in a different light. You never know when you may rely on them to save your life, like this common item an attacker may never see coming.
Copyright 2021, TacticalNews.com